Saturday 15 June 2013

Cottage Quiche

With our wedding fast approaching and a wedding dress to get into, watching what I eat is definitely something I have to do at the moment. So even though some of my dishes may not be friendly to the waist line, I do like to bake the occasional healthy options and that is something you will probably see a little more of over the next few months. 

On tonight's menu it was definitely time  for something light a healthy and my Cottage Quiche is exactly that! Packed full of vegetables and topped with egg on cottage cheese, it has the tastes of your favorite Quiche without the calories and fat of the pastry base!

Eating healthy doesn't have to be boring. Stick with me and I'll make sure to have plenty of healthy meals to sink your teeth into!



Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Courgette 
1 Onion
1 Pepper (any colour) 
110g Low Fat Cottage Cheese
2 medium Eggs
5 mushrooms (I used shiitake but you can use any)
1 Leek
Chili Flakes
Tarragon

Directions

1. Turn oven on to 180°C / 350°C / gas mark 4
2. Chop up all of your vegetables.




3. Sauté the vegetables in a little water until al dente and add pepper, few chili flakes to give it a bit of a kick and some tarragon.




4. Whilst the vegetables are cooking, beat the eggs and cottage cheese together. Add some pepper.
5. Put the vegetables into a shallow glass dish and pour the egg mixture on top.




6. Cover with foil and place on oven for 10 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 10 minutes.
7. Serve with a side salad. 



Healthy, tasty and guilt free!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+