Monday 24 June 2013

Simply Scrumptious Sausage Rolls

My Sister-in-law to be has just had a baby so I wanted to make them a few meals that they could grab quickly, heat up and enjoy with little effort. I also made some simple sausage rolls as a quick snack or lunch and they turned out fantastic!





They are so simple to make and take just 15 minutes to prepare. I am going to confess that I didn't make my own puff pastry but I don't think there is anything at all wrong with shop bought! Like I've said in the past, pastry is something that I am working myself up to making so one day I will have a post on here for my own puff pastry!

Serves 9

Ingredients

Sausage Meat
Puff Pastry
Tabasco
Worcester Sauce
Thyme
1 Egg

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 175°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4
2. Combine the sausage meat, thyme, Tabasco and Worcester sauce and give it a good mix.
3. Open out your puff pastry, cut into 9 portions and lay out onto a baking sheet.
4. Make sausage shapes with the meat and pop onto one side of the pastry, leave about 3cm at the end for crimping. 




5. Brush the edge of the pastry with beaten egg and fold the pastry over the sausage meat. Using a fork, push down the edges so they make a seal. 
6. Using a knife, score slits into the top of the sausage rolls and then brush with the remaining beaten egg. 



7. Pop in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. 
8. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.



Pop your feet up and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+